Saturday, October 3, 2009

cooling and stopping, or maybe not

I replaced the dead water pump today, and finished rebuilding the calipers and got the brakes reinstalled. I had Ian help me bleed them (he actually did a very good job pushing and pulling the wrench) and now at least there is fluid in the lines, although no brake pressure yet until I do the rear ones. The water pump was as far gone as it was possible to be.
Then, I broke a bolt installing the new one. I might try to get the stub out tomorrow, but maybe I can get by with three bolts (famous last words, I know, but I don't have much faith in my extracting abilities). I also finally got the AC compressor out; there had been a mystery bolt holding it in which I finally found by removing the alternator. There's much more room under the intake now. Fiat never did handle AC very well, since the installation of the compressor and hoses makes getting to anything else around it nearly impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment