So it turns out that all our helmets are expired. The safety standard is now SA2010, and our (newish) helmets are all SA2000, including my nice HJC that I really like. So we're going to have to get new helmets. In addition, there's been a couple of rules updates and our safety cage is going to need a little work to be compliant.
I got both cars out of storage and over to my house, so at least that is done. I plan to drain the gas from the Brava this weekend and put fresh in, and try to get it started. We ned to start scheduling work weekends for it, not a whole lot of time left before the race!
Monday, October 10, 2011
Just had a look at the team pages, and we've been accepted for the "Heaps in the Heart of Texas" race in December. I checked on the Brava in storage last weekend, and it was in pretty good shape, except the battery was dead, of course, and the cutoff switch appeared to be glitchy. But to my astonishment I found I had stashed a lot of useful parts in the trunk, including a brand-new set of rear struts. I have absolutely no memory of purchasing these and have no idea where they came from, but was very pleased to see them. Anyway, we'll get to work on it soon!
Posted by Josh at 7:39 AM